Open call for session proposals has ended. Thank you for interesting proposals!
Make a session proposal
Europe in Action 2021 theme is SKILLS. Would you like to be out there sharing your knowledge, experiences and thoughts at the conference? Program can be presentation, workshop, video or something else!
We are seeking for presenters of the sessions!
Propose content for the program or apply for a session speaker. Please fill out the proposal form (link will open in another site). The last day to make a proposal is April the 16th.
The theme of the conference is SKILLS, how people with intellectual disabilities could make better use of their skills in paid work and as citizens in society.
The program will consist various lecture-type speeches, video presentations, discussions, workshops and more.
We hope that your presentation will descripe the employment and support of a person with a intellectual disability inspiring way. You can talk about the topic as an employee, employer, colleague, job coach or other support provider. You can be a developer of new employment opportunities or structural changes of social system. Maybe you can share use your experiece of successful cooperation to promote employment.
Your presentation can describe how persons with an intellectual disability are involved in ordinary communities, act in meaningful social roles or are actors or influencers in society.
We are seeking program content on the following topics:
- Support for making choices and plans
- Support for changes and transitional stages
- Support for joining nearby communities
- Support for entering studies
- Support for independence
- Support for health, wellbeing and social relations
- Support for vocational studies and entry into work
- Support for self-expression and creativity
- Support for acting in meaningful social roles
- Support for influencing the content and practices of services